Indeed the social interventions by the LGBT advocates seem not to be island-wide and merely concentrated in Kingston proper but as we huddled and began to examine what was is really taking place it soon became clear that the same issues and more that were and are bedeviling the homeless msms in Kingston are the same as our western counterparts. Issues such as:
1) Transactional sex and related negotiating issues?
2) Identity issues and effemophobia clashing with hypermasculine types
3) Gay for pay populations crossing over into the main homeless MSM populations and the subsequent fallouts
4) No permanent shelter and residential access
5) Improper diet and health issues especially HIV positive members of the groups
6) Homophobic attacks and homonegative responses from the mainstream
7) Inability to reconnect with biological families and subsequent interventions and related social services
8) Non response or aloofness from the LGBT bodies that readily parade the men's issues overseas
9) Increased cynicism and refusal to report incidents to the very LGBT bodies
10) Little follow up from the LGBT legal arms and meaningful assistance from same
11) An unusual phenomenon of stoning becoming a fixture as part of the anti gay response in reported homophobic incidents
The predicted fallout from the lotto scam crackdown by the authorities and the coming to a halt the informal half way house program that was carried out by a key influential who has been fingered as a key player in the illegal scam has also come to light as many of the displaced and homeless men who benefited from that arrangement have now found themselves having to move to other parts of St James and by extension other parishes including Kingston. This was the same influential who ran a club that was invaded in February 2011 by cops with some awful results, see the link for more:
Meanwhile other alleged scammers too have fallen on difficult times financially and are now joining the fold it seems as they were once vilified by the originally displaced that were not helping and selfish while enjoying their ill gotten wealth.
Also with the veiled threat of sorts coming from the supposed criminal underworld as well that was carried in the tabloids recently many persons in the community are also surmising the increased hostility towards perceived LGBTians as a consequence of this threat.
A same gender loving woman also had to beat a hasty relocation as she was the victim of a stoning incident as well so she took evasive action, she surmises that after the visit of a butch identified friend she became profiled by her immediate neighbours hence the incident that followed. A nurse also had to take action at her place of work where another coworker verbally abused her but the regional authorities quickly diffused the situation and transferred the offending worker to another locale.
June 13th double murder scene of two homeless msms which was not a homophobic killing
also hear a recent audio commentary on the Trafalgar murder matter and more
Think on these things
Peace and tolerance