1. The man who refuses to grow up. He seems more compatible with your seven- year-old than with you. Yes, his boyish charm is very appealing, but how does that compensate for the fact that he is perpetually unemployed and only spends money on video games, pizza and beer? If he is constantly conning you out of your rent money which he uses to pay for video games, how do you suppose he will handle paying mortgage and utility bills when you decide to start life together.
3. The man who is damaged. His sad story of his ex's betrayal 10 years ago is so touching that it pulls you in. But even after a few more dates, the main topic during romantic evenings out is the compromising position he saw his girlfriend and best friend in. If you stick around for another year, you'll come to find out that he has already committed himself to not caring about anyone ever again.
5. The metrosexual. He spends more time fluffing his hair and keeping his skin supple than you do, and you can't help but feel ugly standing next to him on the social scene. He is always impeccably dressed and most of your arguments so far have been about him taking over the mirror and taking up too much space on the bathroom vanity.
6. The commitment-phobe. He already has six children by six different women. His disappearing acts remind you so much of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde — today he is here and tomorrow he just conveniently disappears. He shows no intention of introducing you to his friends and family and refers to you as his "fling".
7. The one who's already taken. Do you want to be a mistress or a wife? If he is still sharing a bed and breakfast with his wife, then it means that his love is already invested elsewhere. He will probably say that he is getting a divorce, but if you decide to go forward with him, prepare for the possibility of that divorce never coming through. You could save yourself a lot of hurt by just finding someone who's available.
8. The mama's boy. Every other sentence for him starts with "I like my mama's..." and he takes issue with how you wash, cook and clean because you do not do it like his mama. He talks to his mother several times a day, but when it comes to calling you, he doesn't have any credit. It seems as though there is only one woman for him, and it's certainly not you.
9. The bad boy. The fact that he breaks all the rules and is recklessly dangerous might at first thrill you, but after a while it is bound to wear you down. If you decide to make life with him, prepare for many visits to the courthouse or worse yet, living like a fugitive. You might be able to tame him, but what if you aren't, are you prepared to communicate with him through a jail cell?
10. The one with the wandering eye. A leopard can't change its spots and neither can you change the behaviour of a cheater. If he is the type who flirts with girls or checks out the waitress in your presence, that is all the more reason to believe that he cannot help himself.
Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/10-men-to-