So another horrible case of possible male rape or sexual abuse from within the community this time in a way has been heard, a young Jamaican man whose sexuality is of no major concern to us in as far as this post is concerned has become a victim allegedly of male rape by down-low"heaviot" thugs in Kingston recently, in August I am being told. News of the incident is rife among certain circles downtown and other flash points as it quickly spread on the grapevine but some details are still sketchy I must add. However the main purpose of this piece though is to look again at the issue of clandestine homosexuality or DL as our African American counterparts call it and the possible negative effects that may come out of it such as this allegation of male rape by so called shottas and gangsters.
- Are there men who really want to hit it but due to societal pressure they are prepared to steal it instead?
- It is a case of abuse due to the power differential of the men in not only numbers but the fact that they are armed?
- Did you think they surmise that the young man may have been inclined so they didn't harm him?
- How should the advocates handle issues like this?
- Do you think the issue of clandestine homosexual behaviour should be a main discussion point in presenting arguments for gay rights or tolerance?
- Can this also be categorized as homophobia in a way?